Monday, July 14, 2008

Panic

Does anyone out there understand panic the way I do? I know there are probably many, some of which, know it far better than I. It is quite overwhelming. I suffer from some bad anxiety that leads into panic. When I am having an attack, my muscles get so weak that I can barely hold myself up. I feel sick. It's hard to eat. It's hard to sleep. And it is extremely relentless in it's efforts to make me as miserable as possible. Sometimes I wonder if I will survive.
I wish there was a cure, but I have found other ways of coping. First of all, I pray. I also try to distract myself. Visiting family is usually very helpful. It's hard to leave the house, I know, but if you fight it really hard, you can leave and sometimes it can be very beneficial.
Don't give up the fight. I know sometimes, if you are like me, you might feel like Walker, Texas Ranger vs. a million bad guys. It can seem very overwhelming but keep fighting.

2 comments:

Cory and Monika said...

You can come over any time you want/need to!

Keiauni said...

Hey kiera! I am glad to see you have a blog, too! Looking forward to reading all about what you think, and hearing you break the silence!